As we all know, our beloved country Philippines was hit by the strongest typhoon "Yolanda" (internationl name: super typhoon "haiyan") last November 8, 2013. This was the strongest typhoon ever that hit Philippines and was considered as well as the worst typhoon in the world for 2013.
As the death toll, there were already 1,774 number of deaths caused by super typhoon said by a government agency last Monday night. It is really heart breaking to see them in that situation. As seeing the video and pictures in the internet and in the news, trees, houses, road and other infrastructure like airport and churches were wrecked. Almost all the typhoon victims were asking for food and water and most of the child are getting sick already.
People you can do even small things to help them. Spring clean your old clothes, get your slippers that you're not using anymore yet still in good condition and even some of the blanket that is only kept on your wardrobe may do good to the victims. And if you have some spare on your budget, you may buy bottled water and some noodles and bring them at some drop off areas.
You may check the list of organizations and institutions below that accept donations whether it is in cash or in kind:
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) - DSWD-National Resource Operations Center (NROC) Chapel Road, Pasay City (going to NAIA2). Contact number: (02) 851-2681
- Philippine National Police - PNP Gymnasium, Camp Crame, Quezon City. Contact numbers: 0915-333-8685, (02) 722-0650 (Police Senior Superintendent Teroy Taguinod)
- Operation Tulong Bayan - Balai, EDSA corner McArthur Ave., Cubao, Quezon City. Contact number: 02-913-6254; or The Commissary at Whitespace, 2341 Chino Roces Ave Ext. (formerly Pasong Tamo Ext), Makati City. Contact number: (02) 729-0030
- The MVP Tulong Kapatid Center will be open today from 9AM to 5PM to accept cash and relief goods at the Meralco Covered Tennis Court, Meralco Compound, Ortigas, Pasig City. Contact Eds Addun at (0939)913-3771 or 632-8301 for more details.
- All LBC branches are accepting donations for typhoon Yolanda victims until November 30.
- All McDonald's stores in the National Capital Region are accepting donations in kind. Collected donations will be packed and distributed through the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Bigay Tulong Program and ABS-CBN Sagip Kapamilya.
- Operation Blessing Philippines is accepting donations in cash and kind at E. Rodriguez Ave. C5 Road cor. Corporal Cruz Bagong Ilog, Pasig City. Call 477-7802 to 04 or (0917)581-2603 for more details. Operation Blessing is also accepting volunteers for their partners in Cebu and other nearby areas.
For some other areas, you may check rappler list here.